The winter months can be a challenge to keep our skin hydrated. As licensed aestheticians at Schenden’s Medical Day Spa, we have a wide range of products and services that can help your skin stay hydrated during the winter months. In addition, we also like to send our client’s home with things they can do on their own to help combat dry skin. Our top 5 home tips are:
- Invest in a humidifier or even boil water to add moisture to your home. The dry indoor air pulls the moisture out of our skin. Having one in your bedroom exposes your skin to much needed moisture for the most consistent number of hours while you sleep.
- Avoid dehydrating drinks like caffeine and alcohol. Our hydration is already low and these drinks actually force more water out of your system.
- Drink the recommended 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. The moisture in the winter is at an all-time low therefore, you must physically replenish it.
- Avoid hot showers, we are all guilty of this especially on a -10 degree day. Who doesn’t enjoy a hot shower to escape the cold but this is actually striping the natural oils out of our skin. A warm shower limited to 5 to 10 minutes followed by a good body moisturizer is best.
- Add vitamin rich foods to your diet such as Vitamin E which can be found in nuts such as walnuts and green leafy vegetables like spinach and broccoli.
The good news is spring will come but in the meantime stay hydrated. If you would like to learn more about how to treat your skin, we offer complimentary consultations. Let us help you love your skin again. Call today to schedule your appointment. 248-524-3622.
Laura and Gail, Licensed Aestheticians
Schenden’s Medical Day Spa