Schenden’s Medical Day Spa offers the latest advancements in cosmetic and laser procedures in a relaxing spa setting, where all treatments are administered under the supervision of Michael J. Schenden M.D., Chief of Plastic Surgery at William Beaumont Hospital, Troy.
All of our services are specifically chosen and approved by Dr. Schenden to provide maximum results to our clients. Clients can also purchase medical-grade products to extend the benefits of their spa treatments and get spa-like results at home.
Our experienced staff consists of professional service providers who are the best at what they do. Clients can enjoy the benefits of relaxation while seeing great results from their treatments. We offer a wide range of services and procedures that have been designed to meet the specific needs of our clients.
Meet the Team
Michael J. Schenden, M.D.
Schenden’s Spas Medical Director, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Michael J. Schenden is a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He has over 25 years of experience and is currently the Chief of Plastic Surgery at William Beaumont Hospital Troy. Dr. Schenden’s aesthetics procedures restore a positive self-image for those who want to rediscover their natural beauty that has been changed by the aging process and the environment. He opened the medical spa in 1997 to further help his patients with quality skin care treatments and products. As the medical director for the spa he personally approves the service menu and strives to provide those services that provide proven results.
- Facelifts, Eyelid, Fat Grafting and Rhinoplasty (nose) surgery
- Breast Augmentations, Lifts, Reductions and Reconstruction
- Tummy Tucks, Liposuction
- Skin resurfacing Lasers and PRFM (Platelet Rich Plasma) Hair and Skin treatments.
- Aesthetic injections Botox®, Dysport®, Restylane®, Juvederm® Scupltra®, Radiesse®, Bellafill®
- 25 years of private practice
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, William Beaumont Hospital, Troy, MI
- Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fully certified private surgical center
- Nearly 100% of patients are referred by physicians or previous patients
- Clinical Associate Professor at Wayne State University
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons
- Past President of Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons
Rozalia – Aesthetician
- II Liceum Ogółnokształcące, Olzstyn, Warmia I Mazury, Polan(1978)
- Szkola a Kosmotwczna, Warsaw, Poland (1985-1987)
Why I became an Aesthetician: I decided to become an aesthetician after I received wonderful results from the services of a great aesthetician in my native Poland. I thought I could help others achieve the same positive results I got.
Client testimony: “I used to hate my skin, and no one seemed to know what to do to help me. Rose treated me, and now, I LOVE my skin. She saved my wedding!” ~ Shannon
Bonnie K. – Aesthetician & Body Contouring
- Carnegie Institute, Certified Medical Assistance, 1991
- Oakland Community College, Licensed Practical Nurse, 1997
- Oakland Community College, Associates in Science, 1997
Why I became an Aesthetician: I worked in the medical field for several years and found my passion while working for a dermatologist who provided me with nutrition classes, skin care classes including: skin type and tone, assessing client needs, common skin care services, acne treatment care.
When I joined Schenden’s Medical Day Spa I was selected to be certified as an Endermologist on two different types of machines. I then provided consultations, treatments for the reduction of cellulite, treatment for post surg Pts for face and body. I love being able to provide my clients both skincare treatments and body contouring helping them be confident in their skin and body.
Client testimony: “I am a 62 year old male who was referred to Bonnie as a follow up to abdominal liposuction surgery. My procedure left me with the need for some fine tuning which required a combination of both Endermologie and Vela Shaping. The results have been phenomenal and have greatly exceeded my expectations. Through Bonnie’s expertise, she has enhanced my appearance to a level that I had not thought possible. My body looks more like that of a 30 year old than a 60 year old.” ~ Gary
Rebecca – Aesthetician
- Macomb Community College associates in Marketing, 1989
- Michigan College of Beauty, 1996
Why I became an Aesthetician: I’ve always had a passion for the spa, skin care and beauty industry. I love meeting and exceeding client expectations. A career in aesthetics matched my interest and gifts perfectly.
Client testimony: “Rebecca you are the best at what you do because of your compassion and commitment to clients. I will follow you wherever you go!” ~ Pat
Sonja – Aesthetician
- Douglas J. Aveda Institute – 600 Hours
Why I became an Aesthetician: I have always had a passion for skincare. Having my own skincare challenge with adult acne brought me to see an Aesthetician. She helped me a great deal and inspired me with a new career. I want to help people the way she helped me.
Client testimony: “My skin is clear and unclogged, pores are tighter and I have better care of my skin because of you!” ~ Sue
Julie Ann – Body Contouring and Nail Technician
- David Pressley School of Cosmetology, 1999
Why I became a Technician: I love making people look and feel good.
Client testimony: A client came in for a pedicure – disliking her feet and after the service she said “Wow – I don’t recognize them, my feet never looked so good. That was the best pedicure I’ve ever had.”
Raquel – Aesthetician and Registered Nurse
- Licensed Aesthetician School in Charlotte, NC – 600 Hours
- Oakland Community College, Registered Nurse, 2016
Why I became an Aesthetician: I became an aesthetician because I believe there is a direct correlation between looking good and feeling good. My passion is medical aesthetics which includes basic skin care with expansive clinical skills to augment a positive outcome by using different treatments.
Client testimony: “In less than three months I feel that Raquel has removed five years from my face. She is passionate and honest. She has taught me so much about my skin and how to stall aging.”
Poly – Nail Technician and Aesthetician
- Excel Academies of Cosmetology, 2006
- Successfully completed Creative Nail Design (CND) Master Painter Course specializing in Shellac, Color & Effects Services
Why I became a Nail Technician and an Aesthetician: I love to help people look their best! I will always give an honest assessment as to which service best fits my client’s needs.
Client testimony: “I have been seeing Poly (for quite some time) for multiple services. She is experienced, knowledgable and professional! She is wonderful!”
Laura – Aesthetician
- Michigan Lutheran College, Medical Assistant
- Oakland Technical Center, Advanced Cosmetology and Aesthetics
Why I became an Aesthetician: My love of skincare stems from my desire to have beautiful skin. I have always enjoyed the beauty industry, fashion, and helping women feel good about the way they look. Becoming an aesthetician has given me the opportunity to develop a professional and personal relationship with my clients by providing positive skin care results, with total relaxation, and a stress-free experience.
Client testimony: “Laura is amazing! She listens and makes appropriate recommendations to enhance your appearance based on your needs. She has dramatically improved the appearance, texture, and tone of my skin. As an added treat, she gives a soothing chest, arm, and hand massage.”
Sarah S – Aesthetician
- Delaware Technical Institute/Physical Therapy Assistant, 1993
- Deep Muscle Therapy School and Center, Basic Massage Therapy, 1996, Advanced 1997, Lymphatic, 1998
- Dawn Career Institute, Basic Aesthetician, 1999
- Dawn Career Institute, Advanced (Master) Medical Aesthetician, 2000
- Deep Muscle School and Center, Spa Body Therapy, 2002
- Basam Hameed Clinic, Paramedical Camouflage Tattoo/Medical Micropigmentation, 2015
Why I became an Aesthetician: I became interested in Medical Aesthetics as a way to further my passion for helping my clients/patients improve their quality of life. My favorite thing is helping people. I am a results-oriented practitioner, driven to continuously learn the best and most effective techniques to help you achieve the results you are after for both your skin and body. This is the reason I chose to work with Dr. Schenden, above all other Doctors in Michigan. We aggressively pursue RESULTS!! I love what I do every day and want for you exactly what I strive toward for my very own skin. There are many options and combinations, which can feel overwhelming. Don’t feel overwhelmed!! You’ve got ‘a guy’. It is a true privilege to do what I do. Thank you for trusting me with your care!
Client testimony: “Sarah is amazing! So honest, kind and knowledgeable! I so enjoyed my appointment and look forward to my skin journey with her.” ~ Sofia
Jayne – Massage Therapist
- Irene’s Myomassology Institute Nationally Certified, Massage Therapy, 2008
- Beaumont Hospital, Oncology Massage Certification, 2013, Re-Certified 2018
- National Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, 2008
Why I became a Technician:Massage therapy is my passion. I truly believe in the work and its ability to heal, which the body does by itself. I am merely the facilitator. I am continually challenged and inspired by the clients I treat. Each person that is on the massage table shows me something new, which forces me to continue to learn and grow. I want to be the best hour of your day.
Client Testimony: “I totally enjoyed my therapeutic massage! Jayne is very skillful and knowledgeable in massage techniques” 5 Stars Valilynette
Rutu – Massage Therapist
- Oakland Community College, Master’s degree Occupational Therapy, 2012
- Baker College, Bachelor of Science, 2016
- Oakland Community College, Massage Therapy, 2012
- Beaumont Hospital, Oncology Massage Certification, 2017
Why I became a Technician: In many ways, my massage therapy career is an accident that has become a very satisfying passion. I pursued massage therapy to understand and help some of the physically problems I personally was experiencing. I soon learned and gained immense satisfaction in being able to take away stress and pain from my clients. I love watching the relief and smiles of clients after receiving a satisfying massage.
Client Testimony: “Had Rutu for a massage, it was awesome! Great staff all around.” ~ Audrey E.
Jehan – Aesthetician
- Mr. Bela’s School of Cosmetology, 2011
Why I Became an Aesthetician: At a young age, looking good meant feeling good. Beauty and fashion came natural to me, it is my passion. I also suffered from acne at a very young age and that was a huge motivation for me to help others because it is a tough struggle. I love working with clients and will never recommend something they do not need. We will work together to reach your goals.
Client Testimony: Clients often refer their family, friends and co-workers.
Grishma – Aesthetician & Massage Therapist
- Baker College, Master’s degree Occupational Therapy, 2018
- Baker College, Bachelor of Science, 2017
- Michigan College of Beauty, Certified in Esthetics, 2017
- Beaumont Hospital, Oncology Massage Certification, 2012
- Oakland Community College, Massage Therapy, 2012
Why I became a Technician: I am very enthusiastic to gain knowledge health and wellness medical field as it relates to individuals well-being. My personal experience in massage and skin care services in the spa industry has helped me find my path in this journey. Although, I have persuaded other careers, my passion for skin care has always pulled me back into the spa industry. I love working with clients and helping them feel their best by enhancing their beauty and relieving stress. I want my clients to experience the best service and provide a relaxing environment.
Client Testimony: Clients often refer their family, friends and co-workers.
Hiba – Aesthetician
- David Presley Aesthetics School, 2002
- Oakland Community College Bachelor’s in Kinesiology
Why I became an Aesthetician: I became an aesthetician due to suffering from cystic acne since I was a teenager. I understand the struggles of having low self-esteem due to your skin. During my teenage years, I had no idea I would become the skincare expert I am today. My journey to destroy acne and boost my confidence brought me here. Making people look good also makes them feel good; which in turn, makes me feel good. It’s happiness for all
Client Testimony: “I usually come and see Hiba for all my facial treatments, she has always guided me and advised me so well with my face needs, the microneedling, peelings, etc., it’s all been so helpful to my complexion. I am happy with the results! Oh and did I say that she is also super nice!!? Can’t wait to come see her again and leave with my skin glowing.” ~ Paola
Lena – Massage Therapist
- Irene’s Myomassology Institute, Massage Therapy Certification 2013
Why I became a Massage Therapist: During a turning point in my life, I found myself needing to focus on my own self care. Through the advise of friends in the health and wellness field, I started seeing a massage therapist regularly and found that not only did these sessions give me physical relief but mental and emotional relief. I was hooked and wanted to learn more about how I could help others. Upon the recommendation of my massage therapist, I toured Irene’s Myomassolgy Institute and signed up that same day. The learning experience changed my life in so many positive ways and I truly feel that this something I was meant to do.
Client Testimony: “Lena gives the best deep tissue massages ever! I am a wedding photographer and have horrible knots all in my neck, back and shoulders. She not only got them out, but was very personable, kind, compassionate and understanding. She listened to my trouble areas & worked hard to get them out without causing discomfort.” ~ Katelynn